Many times in life, I have relied on sources of inspiration. Whether it be for music, or for aspirations, or even while I'm running; I have always needed a source of inspiration.
It is completely different, however, when someone tells you that YOU have inspired them. It didn't even register to me that someone told me that I inspired them to do a 5k until about a week later.
"You inspired us..."
Wow, what powerful words. All I could think was "I'm an inspiration?! I just am a big man who is trying to run!"
Maybe that's all we need to be. The "average joe" who goes out, works hard, and has the grit to change their dreams into reality.
I did my "long run" yesterday, again in the rain, stupid rain always happens in my long run. 3 miles in the bag. Slower than I want, but I have to keep telling my self that I have over 240 days till marathon weekend. Gotta stay pumped, and stay positive.
Shining at the end of every day...
D
No comments:
Post a Comment