Thursday, April 25, 2013

Are good and bad just viewpoints?

Well, I just finished a run today (technically, early early this morning) and in my opinion it went horribly. Here's some of the negatives:


  • For some reason, my legs just did not want to work.
  • It was creepy running that early in the morning, in the dark, and I probably won't do it again. 
  • I tried to do a 1min/45sec (run/walk) pace. That sucked. I actually went SLOWER. 
  • I picked it up again at the end, only to have picked up the pace for the 2nd mile. More on that in a minute.
  • My legs feel shot. Along with my body. My muscles want to cramp. Plus I'm a little upset/disappointed in the slow run time.
Now, time for some positives:

  • I did not quit.
  • I tried something new, so kudos at least for exploring other options, even if they didn't work out well for me.
  • I did have the energy to pick it up in the end to at least bring my 2nd mile in faster than the first mile, which tells me at least on some level, I'm conditioning.
  • I did workout today.
  • I got to enjoy (well, at least, bittersweetly) my GPS watch!

Okay, so above I mentioned that I tried a 1min/45sec pace. That sucked. It made me go slower, so much so that my average for the 1st mile was 17 MINUTES. Urgh!! Not cool!! So during the 2nd mile, I went back to 30sec/30sec, and even though I ran the last two intervals at 1min/30sec to pick up my pace, I did that 2nd mile in 15 minutes. I think I'm going to keep with the 30/30 until I get a better endurance to my running. It may be that I have to run at Disney with 30/30, and that's fine so long as I get to finish strong! 

That feels like the main idea I've had running in my head, to finish strong at Disney. I don't want to collapse at the finish line, I want to enjoy the experience! That being said, I've designed a t-shirt that I think I want to wear to the event. Here's the front and back:


Overall, I'm still very positive about this race. I'm happy about my progress as a runner, and I know that good days and bad days happen. That being said, I'm going to enjoy the shower that I've earned, and rest up!

Man has a dream, and that's the start...
D

No comments:

Post a Comment