Right, well, for those of you that don't know, I work as a hospice nursing aide. We work (regularly) 13 hours shifts, in 2 night blocks, for a total of 26 hours in 2 nights. This week, I had a meeting that added an hour to that, plus I took some time before my first night of work to surprise my girlfriend with birthday flowers, and mow the yard. So 27 hours of work, plus about 5-6 added hours between the two days, I worked probably 32-33 hours out of 48. Needless to say, when I came home I was EXHAUSTED.
I did come home to an amazing birthday decorated house, with balloons, cookies, cupcake, and cards!! My girlfriend did amazingly for me. I'm a very blessed man!
I was too exhausted to do what I wanted to do for cross training today. I wanted to go to the gym, but I am going to attempt yoga. I slept a great amount today, so maybe I'll find the energy to workout!
3 mile run is coming up, which I'm looking forward to! Hopefully it will be a terrific run, and will invigorate me for the week!!
Here's to the terrific start of week 2 of training after this!
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow...
D
No comments:
Post a Comment