Monday, May 6, 2013

Hard work pays off!

So, on Sunday, I got off work that morning after a 13 hour shift, and that was after being up and traveling for a trip to Boone for 16 hours prior to that (8 hours of sleep between), so needless to say, I was a bit tired! It has been a torrential downpour here for the past 2 days, and of course, no one wants to run in the rain. This is what I posted to Facebook regarding working out in "less than ideal" situations.

- "Don't even say you don't have time to train, workout, etc. You may have a different reason, but time isn't one of them. I just worked a 13 hour shift, and got ready, and ran my 3.5 mile today. Not only that, but it was a terrific run!! My miles were great (all under my pace goal!) and I ran in a torrential downpour (again, no excuses because of rain....now if it was thunder + lightning, yes...) and still rocked it. Week 2, in the bag. Bring it on week 3!! :-D"

During my 3.5 mile run, these were my mile times:
Mile 1 - 15.16.49
Mile 2 - 15.10.00
Mile 3 - 15.40.00
Last 1/2 mile - 7.08.94

Keep in mind, this was during horrendous conditions. My shoes and socks were soaked, I was frozen up until Mile 2 (then I warmed up from the running), and there was no inch of my body that the rain missed.  

Man has a dream, and that's the start...
D

No comments:

Post a Comment